Sunday, October 9, 2011

Crowns and Princesses

Someone has suddenly discovered princesses and a lot of time is spent dressing up, making crowns and asking 'who wants to be a princess?' ... which made me think of this idea.
I used my Simple Baby Bath Towel pattern to make this cute little gift for a little baby who will be arriving very soon. I added a purple princess crown to the hood and padded it softly. It is embellished with a bead or two and a small piece of ribbon. I used recycled silk ties for the crown and the bias tape. I think it is rather cute. I can see a 'prince' version being rather sweet too.

2 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

Hi Rachael, it's great to hear from you. Wow how your girls have grown since we last chatted! Love all your creations, dolly story and that tea party set is too cute. I hope you are well and settled into your new home now? Hugs, Catherine x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a super cute idea! Makes for a perfect gift for a baby princess.