Wednesday, March 19, 2014

School Auction Quilt

Our kids go to a lovely preschool. Every year they have various fundraisers and I donated a quilt for their silent auction. After speaking to the family who won the bid they decided they wanted a 'purple, modern quilt with flowers'. I do not have a whole ton of modern designs on tap so I consulted my bookcase. This design is based off of the Peacock Blue quilt that can be found in Brave New Quilts. Though I replaced the tear drop peacock motives with flowers.






This is the quilt that I had quilted with roses, leaves & ribbons in week 7 of my Longarm diary. I really hope that the family will be happy with the result.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Rachel!!!

Sue said...

That's really pretty and done in my favorite colors, too.

Barb Neiwert said...

They are certain to love - great work!

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies - you are all very sweet to be so kind ;-)